| || || |
Gift Certificate Policy
Effective March 2015, Amended November 2017 (see notes)
These policies apply to all Gift Certificates issued by Chef JoAnna, Inc., with no exception.
- Chef: Any agent delivering services on behalf of Chef JoAnna, Inc.
- Gift Certificate: Any instrument issued by Chef JoAnna, Inc. entitling the Recipient named on the certificate to receive services of a specified value from Chef JoAnna, Inc.
- Purchaser: Individual or Group that has remitted money to Chef JoAnna, Inc. for the purpose of giving a Gift Certificate to a specific Recipient.
- Recipient: Individual or Group who has received a Gift Certificate to be redeemed for the services of Chef of Chef JoAnna, Inc.
The following terms of service will apply:
- Gift Certificates are not valid until payment has been received and successfully processed by Chef JoAnna, Inc.
- Gift Certificates are not refundable, nor transferrable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Purchase of any Gift Certificate does not entitle you to reserve any specific date or time.
- Menu changes must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the Session.
- Certificates issued with set menus may be "upgraded" for an additional fee, invoiced to the Recipient upon completion of the lesson.
Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy for Scheduled Sessions:
Redeeming Gift Certificates:
- Once you have reserved date with Chef JoAnna, you are contractually bound to that date. I will turn down other work requests and hold that date exclusively for you. Give as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep your reservation.
- If you cancel a booked reservation, a rescheduling fee shall apply. These fees will be collected when you reschedule your reservation, regardless of whether another client has been booked for the timeslot you originally booked.
- 7 or more days* notice: $25 rescheduling fee.
- 3 or more days* notice: $50 rescheduling fee.
- 2 days* (48 hours) or less notice: $75 rescheduling fee.
- Less than 48 hours notice:$250 rescheduling fee 3.
* For the purpose of calculating time, a "day" is calculated as 24hrs from the time I'm to arrive at the specified location.
- Contact Chef JoAnna by SMS, e-mail or by phone to make a reservation. Please keep the following in mind:
- Please be aware that blackout dates will apply for the day before, the day-of and the day after any of the following dates & holidays:
|New Year's Eve||Saturday before|
| Saturday before|
|New Year's Day||Mother's Day||Independence Day||Saturday before|
|Valentine's Day||Saturday before|
|Good Friday||Memorial Day||Labor Day||any day of|
|Easter Sunday||Father's Day||October 2nd|
|ALL days in December2|
2 Due to holiday events, the entire month of December will not available for redeeming Gift Certificates; please plan accordingly. Cancellation and Expiration of Gift Certificates
- Chef JoAnna, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service or reverse any Gift Certificate purchase for any reason and return the funds to the Purchaser.
- In the event of dangerous weather, traffic accidents, Chef's injury or serious health issue*, "acts of God", or other unforseeable factor beyond Chef's control, Chef JoAnna, Inc. reserves the right to cancel your reservation, and either postpone until a future time when the above issue has been resolved, or arrange for a colleague to perform in Chef's place.
* "I mean a really serious health issue, as in, I'm contagious or I'm going to the ER. Also, I've only postponed an event once in fifteen years of being in business, due to a 2-day ice storm that shut down Nashville, where police forbid people from driving."
- Recipient must let Chef know immediately if anyone in Recipient's household is contagious in such a way that would potentially jeopardize Chef's health, or the health of Chef's other clients, (e.g., c. diff, hepatitis, norovirus, measles, chickenpox, fungal diseases, etc.) or shows symptoms of an active infection (e.g., diarrhea, rash, draining wounds or skin lesions, including respiratory symptoms). Please be responsible.
Amendment Nov 2017: If Chef deems that her health or safety is in jeopardy, Chef may terminate the session at any time. Recipient is responsible for reimbursing ALL costs and expenses incurred if session is so terminated.
- Chef JoAnna, Inc. reserves the right to immediately invalidate Gift Certificates, without notice, should it receive a credit card chargeback, returned check or other form of repudiated payment made towards the Gift Certificate.
- Chef JoAnna, Inc. reserves the right to dishonor the Gift Certificate, if it reasonably believes it was not validly purchased, has already been redeemed, or the Recipient is not the intended beneficiary of the Purchaser.
- Gift Certificates are only redeemable at Chef JoAnna, Inc. for the amount or service specified on the Gift Certificate, to be redeemed by the expiration date indicated. Clarification as of Nov 2017: Grocery costs and other expenses are not included in the Gift Certificate's value unless expressly defined, as part of the Certificate.
- Chef JoAnna, Inc. reserves the right to convert Gift Certificates to the value equivalent to what was paid for the Gift Certificate, at its option and sole discretion, to be applied to any service available at the time of redemption (i.e. a "Cooking Lesson" gift can be converted to a "Kitchen Vacation"). Clarification as of Nov 2017: Grocery costs and other expenses incurred by such conversion shall be invoiced directly to Recipient separately and due immediately upon delivery.
- The Recipient is obligated to contact Chef JoAnna, Inc. to schedule the session appointment before the certificate expires.
- Clarification as of Nov 2017:Gift Certificates are issued for services only. In the event that Purchaser has included an allowance for groceries, a dormancy charge of $100/year shall be incurred, and such charge becomes effective upon the first day of the 2nd year (the 731st day) after the certificate has been issued.
Revision/Clarification as of Nov 2017:
As per TN state law, Gift Certificates are not valid nor redeemable two years (730 days) past the date of issue. The date of issue shall be determined based on the date payment was received. Except as required by law, Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund. Refer to 47-18-127.
- The full amount of the certificate shall be redeemed in full over one cooking session, except when the Purchaser has given a multi-part Gift Certificate to the same recipient, where each part shall be redeemed in full during the session, as reserved.
- If the number of guests, actual costs, or actual hours of service performed by Chef will exceed the headcount/costs/time indicated on the certificate, the Recipient shall be offered the option to supplement the certificate and continue, or to quit the sesson. If the Recipient chooses to supplement/continue, Recipient shall be responsible for paying the difference immediately.
3 While I do try to be flexible and accommodating, I am the only person who does Chef work for my company. When I reserve a date for you, I turn down work for other clients on that date. I understand that emergencies happen, and fees may be reduced at my discretion, if adequate proof is provided. Please be considerate and allow as much notice as possible. I enjoy what I do, but cooking isn't a hobby for me, it is how I make my living.
Thank you for understanding,
PLEASE CALL ME ON THE TELEPHONE
do not text or e-mail!
IF YOU MUST CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR SESSION!
Chef JoAnna, Inc. reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time at its sole discretion.