Personal Chef Advisor & Consultant
If you ever wished you had a seasoned problem-solver at your beck-and-call, your wish has come true. I would love to share my experience working as a private chef.
For 17 years, Chef JoAnna, Inc. has been laser-focused on At-Home Fine Dining. When I'm catering offsite, I create a pop-up restaurant experience in clients' homes. My business offers boutique-style Event Catering for up to 150 guests. I manage a staff of 20+ Part-Time, On-Call workers for front- and back-of-house. I have made food from all international cuisines, ranging from a formal high-tea, to pigs-in-a-blanket, to an elegant caviar service with all the trimmings. I prepared everything primarily from scratch, on-site, in a client's home kitchen.
"Learning from trial & error wastes time and is expensive."
Don't waste money, get bad reviews or lose customers.
Act now and take these three steps to getting started with your own personal chef business
- STEP ONE: Totally FREE Consultation
- Free, no-obligation, 30-minute phone call to discuss what you are looking for and how I can help.
- STEP TWO: Complete the Questionnaire
- Complete my online interview form so you can take your time & explain your business needs.
- STEP THREE: Detailed Consultation
- You'll receive a written response, PLUS a 60-minute call or video-conference to answer any questions.
for a FREE 30-minute consultation!
- Call me and let's talk about how you can set things up the right way and ensure everything is perfect...
- help client define budgets and plan a menu
- suggest wine pairings and other beverages
- negotiate contracts & secure deposits
- inventory equipment for cooking, service & cleaning
- choose appropriate plates, cutlery and glassware to use, ordering rentals as needed
- schedule (and train!) staff
- revise the menu to ensure that all guests' dietary needs are met (gluten-free bread/pastry, "faux-tein" products or vegan "dairy" products, etc.)
BEFORE the event:
- setting the table to ensure safety and comfort
- arrange candles and flowers
- set up bar & equipment to create a pop-up bar
- rearrange the seating for flow of service
- all food preparation and cooking
- ensure that pacing of courses is comfortable
- provide elegant, seamless, black-tie service
- AFTER the event:
- clean dining room, do dishes, clean kitchen
- pay staff
- invoice the client (including set up for credit card payments!)
- send thank-you notes
When cooking in your client's home kitchen you need to be flexible. I've dealt with power outages, equipment failure, and even literally putting out a fire. I can show you how to adapt to all kinds of cooking environments, whether it's converting a recipe from the stove to the oven (or vice versa) or to use other appliances to achieve similar results. Food safety is a priority, and is never compromised.
If you're already in business, you know that food cost is key. I can take your current menu, find the waste, and turn it into profit. I'll share how to tell if you should purchase a food product, or make it in-house. I can show you new ways to use your existing equipment to be more profitable, or help you choose the right machine for your needs.
I can help you adapt your current menu items to accommodate all kinds of dietary requirements, including: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, Keto, paleo, diabetic, low-sodium, kosher, Whole 30 and pregnancy-friendly foods... or even just picky eaters... without becoming a short-order cook.
If you have employees, putting your restaurant's procedures and policies in writing makes sure everyone is treated fairly and info is clearly communicated. I draw on my experience as a Human Resources Consultant to help get you on the right track. I can help with HR policies and procedures, including creating a system for written warnings and disciplinary action.
I'm happy to provide guidance and additional expertise in the following areas:
· Menu Planning
· Food Safety
· Guest Service
· Managing Suppliers
· Equipment Selection
· Recipe Development
· Corporate Culture
· Dietary Requirement Adjustments
· Product Demonstration Coaching
I've always been proud of being able to surprise and delight my clients by making their culinary wishes come true, and I can help you do the same with your clients and restaurant guests!
You landed on my profile because you want to learn from my experience, so give me a call and let's get started!
for a FREE 30-minute consultation!
Training, Certification & Qualifications
- Classically-Trained Culinary Professional: Art Institute of California at Los Angeles
Earned a 4.0 cumulative GPA
- Certified in Sanitation (Serv Safe)
- Certified in Nutrition (Pro Mgmt)
- Certified in Kitchen Management (Pro Mgmt)
- Certified in Cost Control (Pro Mgmt)
Chef JoAnna built her business on catering to small-but-elegant events. She'll show you how to prepare everything from a romantic dinner for two, to a 6-course dinner for eight, afternoon tea, graduation party, or a brunch.
to see if your date is available.