Indulge your guests by hosting an Afternoon Tea
Sometimes people refer to this elegant meal as "High Tea", but no matter what you call it, this delightful repast is a lovely way to spend time with friends & family!
Everyone enjoys spending a relaxing afternoon enjoying a Formal Tea Service, and Chef JoAnna will help you create just the right experience to suit your event so that your guests are comfortable and at ease.
Your tea will be a unique experience, as you create your own menu from sweet and savory items. Choose from traditional selections such as finger sandwiches and scones, or spice up the menu with an assortment of contemporary & international bites. Your menu can include anything from pimento cheese on crackers to caviar on toast points ...and everything in betweenтАж
Let Chef know in advance if any guests have any restrictions on gluten, dairy, shellfish or other ingredents. She will help you plan a menu so that all your guests can enjoy the treats on offer.
The host provides:
- adequate seating and table space for all guests
- a side table where the Chef and her servers can stage and arrange platters
- access to kitchen space for last-minute food preparation
- access to electricity so that plenty of hot water is available
Chef JoAnna can provide everything else needed: (for up to 12 guests)
- individual teapots, plus tea cups and saucers
- footed water goblets
- plates and flatware
- tiered and/or footed platters for service
- all the condiments and their accessories, such as milk pitchers, sugar bowls & tongs, honey serversтАж everything needed for an elegant afternoon tea service
тАжof course, if you already have these items, you can certainly use your own and avoid rental fees. If you have more than 12 guests, Chef JoAnna can recommend a 3rd party rental company.
Here's an idea of how your event might go:
- Welcome your guests with a glass of delicately flavored water, such as cucumber-mint, ginger-lemon, or hibiscus-rose. Each person is presented with a box of loose-leaf teas to choose from, that she may select her favorite. After mingling a bit, guests will be encouraged to take their seats so service can begin.
- A pot of steaming hot water will be brought to each place setting, and guests will be instructed on how long to allow the tea to steep before pouring.
- The first course will be an assortment of finger sandwiches and canapes created especially for the comparison of flavors. Each guest will be served her own plate, and a server will come around to offer additional sandwiches from a tray.
- The sandwich plates are cleared, and guests will be served an assortment of cheese, crackers and accompaniments such as honey and seasonal fruit.
- Hot water is refreshed, and guests will be served sweets from tiered and/or footed platters. First will be scones with cream, jam and butter, then tea cakes, and finally petit-fours, tartlets, and other yummy treats.
- The dessert course can also be followed with wine, such as a sp├дtelese or champagne, or by a glass of sherry or port.
- Chef JoAnna will be available to offer a bit of history about Afternoon Tea, such as its origins, customs, and tea drinking etiquette.
Let Chef JoAnna help you select a menu that flows gracefully from savories to sweets.